Thursday, August 21, 2014

I'm BACK!

My sincerest of apologies for going SO LONG without a blog post.
Life in the Weeks Household has been CRAZY!

Here's what's new:

Tristan applied for, interviewed for and received a new job with his bank, which is AMAZING and words can't even express how incredibly proud of him I am. 
However, this means a lot of learning, transition, more travel on his part.
He's also planning on taking 2 college classes this fall ON TOP of his already heavy work load so I figure I'll see him again aaaaarrrrouuunndd... Christmas.

I've been busier than ever at the salon.
We're talking Coffee for breakfast, standing over a counter shoving a Luna Bar in my mouth while I mix up color because there's no time for lunch, busy.
Which is also FANTASTIC! 
It's taken almost 2 years since Calvin was born but I feel like I've hit my stride again.
Being in a really awesome salon helps A LOT.
Aaaannnddd not to be immodest or anything, but I've been putting out some really great hair...

Calvin spent the night at Grammy and Grampy's house for the first time 2 Saturday's ago because Tristan and I went and saw Bruno Mars at the Gorge.
Talk about a beautiful venue...


The concert was awesome and Calvin had a great time getting spoiled rotten.
He was worn out!



And the last and BIGGEST thing that's been eating up my time...
Our house is for sale!
We've finally decided we need a bigger place with a real back yard.
We're hoping to move to a bit closer to my work (we're shooting for halfway between Tristan's job and mine) in a part of town with more options when it comes time for Calvin to start school.


I've been diligently sanding, and scraping and painting and weeding and planting and depersonalizing our whole house...
It's been a process.

I've mostly been trying to undo all the dumb things the previous owner did.
Latex paint on the concrete steps outside AND the concrete floor in the laundry room? 
Why dude?... Just...Why?!


The hardest part is keeping it super clean at. all. times.
With an almost 2 year old in tow, keeping the house "show ready" is a major challenge.
He's been a champ through the process though.

We're taking a bit of a break this weekend and heading out to Tristan's cousin's house in
Tonasket, which is about 3 1/2 hours North West of here, for a visit with her and her family.
Admittedly, this trip totally snuck-up on us, but we are really looking forward to it.

No comments :

Post a Comment