Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 4th, 2014

My favorite day of the year!
I've lived in Spokane since I was 5 and not once have I been there for the 4th.
You will ALWAYS find me at our family's lake cabin in Montana for Independence Day.
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS.

I'm so excited to share my favorite spot in all the world with Calvin, and I hope he will grow to love it and cherish the memories we make there, as much as I do.

I was pretty stoked about his festive outfit this year!
I think we nailed it.
Hat, Sunglasses, Shirt, Shorts, Sandals



The weather was beautiful and warm and the lake (as usual) was cold, only about 64°F!
But that didn't stop the masses from jumping in!


1 - 2 - 3!!!


Cousin Riley was getting fancy, flipping in over and over again.


The Zorb (as we call it) was a hit too.
It's HILARIOUS to watch people fumble around in that thing!


Tristan thought Calvin should channel Matthew McConaughey before hitting the water.

"Alright, alright, alright..."

Our little water baby was awesome in the water until Tristan put him in up to his shoulders...
He wasn't quite so sure about that.


After dinner we threw on some long sleeves and pants, not so much because it was cold, but because of the mosquitoes, and sat by the outdoor fireplace before the fireworks.

Calvin kept saying "hot.... hot..." and pointing to the flames.



I tried soooo hard to get a decent picture of Calvin watching his first fireworks, but I'm definitely no professional photographer and this was (unfortunately) the clearest one I got...
*sigh*


Calvin was initially leery of the loud bangs, he kept saying "Oh no...." in a very concerned voice.
But as the show went on and the fireworks got bigger his observations changed to 
"Oh yeah... Again!!" and he liked telling everyone what colors they were.
He didn't quite make it through the entire show, he got pretty antsy as it got quite late.
We had A LOT of fireworks.
So we ended up putting him to bed just as the last booms filled the sky.


Paper lanterns are so pretty! Especially when they don't fall immediately into the water like they did last year. ;)


Another wonderful 4th!
I already can't wait for next year!

No comments :

Post a Comment