Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve-Eve

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!

Last night we had our annual Christmas Eve-Eve get together.
We decided that every December 23rd we would have friends over to our place to catch up, eat, drink and be merry! It's something we started in college when all our friends would be home for the holidays but busy with family events on the 24th and 25th.

We've had an ongoing struggle to keep the attendance at a manageable level.
The first Eve-Eve we had in our house we invited EVERYONE and over 40 people came!
There were people in our basement, kitchen, living room and bedroom.
It was madness. 
It was wonderful to see everybody but there were so many people in my small house that I became very overwhelmed and didn't have nearly as much fun as I should have.

Last year we tried to keep it much much smaller and only 5 people showed.
That sucked too.
I made so much food and no one came.
Lame.

This year was great!
There was about 15 of us all together (plus 3 kids!).
Everyone fit, I got to chat with all our guests and the kids had room to run around a little.

Treats included:
Lot's of Christmas cookies.

 A hot chocolate bar with all the fixin's.
Can I tell you that I'm OBSESSED with the Post-it Roll ?
We used it to label our mugs (peeled right off!) and I now must have it in every color.

I also made festive red, white and green caprese skewers with cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, spinach tortellini and a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar.
Yum!

I hope your next couple days are wonderful and blessed.
I know personally, my heart is full and I am so thankful for all my friends, family and readers. I truly love you all.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment