Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Merry Christmas and a Crappy New Year

I hope everyone's Holidays were wonderful!

I'm sure some of you have been wondering where the heck I've been.
I'm so sorry for the 2 weeks off. The day after Christmas I got a cold that turned into a pretty rockin case of bronchitis.
An ambulance ride, 2 doctor visits and some bruised ribs later I think I'm FINALLY on the mend.
So bear-with-me as I try, try, try to get caught up.

Let's start with Christmas...
We had a very busy and family filled day.

Tristan and I started off the morning opening our stockings in bed before the kiddo was up.
I don't think we'll be able to get away with this once Calvin is older, but for now, it was really nice.

Once Calvin woke up and had his "ba-ba" he went to explore what Santa had brought.
He wasn't sure about the Teepee at first, only going inside to drag out the teddy bear, but now he loves to sit in it and "read" snuggled up with the bear.
He LOVED the hotwheels cars and didn't really care about anything else in his stocking.
Which included a soccer ball, a new hooded bath towel, I Love You Through And Through book and socks.

Tristan's Parents, Grandma and Sister joined us for brunch.
I made this crock-pot breakfast casserole that I'd started the night before. 
Super easy and very tasty.
I also cooked up some bacon (in the oven) and put together a winter fruit salad with ginger dressing that was delicious. I will put up a recipe for that this week.
And what is brunch without Mimosas? Right?

After their own breakfast, my Dad, Step-Mom, and Siblings joined us to exchange gifts too.
The kiddo got more cars and books and had a blast throwing the paper and bows everywhere.

There was a lot going on and Calvin was getting pretty cranky (it didn't help that he's cutting a tooth or 2... or 3).
I put him down for a nap around 12:30 when the house cleared out and we cleaned up a bit and watched Rudolph which Santa had left for me in my stocking.

Once Calvin was awake and fed, we all got ready and headed out for my mom's house to see Grammy, Grampy and my brothers.
After another round of presents and stockings (Santa leaves booze in the stocking at my mom's house haha!...except Calvin's) my Step-dad brought out this for Calvin.

This thing is pretty bad ass and Calvin LOVES it.
The SUV of Little Tikes cars. I think he spent the better part of the evening in it.

 Then we ate homemade enchilada's (I promise to put up the recipe for that one too) and watched Home Alone 2. My brother and I used to watch it over and over again when we were younger. We thought it was the funniest movie of all time.
I wish we had had time for a round of Cards Against Humanity but we had to get the kiddo to bed.
Maybe next year.

It was a fantastic day.
We are so blessed to have such wonderful family.
I've said it before but my son is the luckiest little guy to have so many people that love him so much.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

New Years was a different story...
We stayed home, put the kiddo to bed and I was somehow able to stay awake to cheers the new year with Ginger Root tea "spiked" lemon and honey.
So. Lame.

Oh well,
Cheers anyway to health, happiness and the new year!
Especially health!

No comments :

Post a Comment