Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day!

I hope every had a wonderful and love-filled day.

Now that Tristan has opened his gift I can tell you what I got him.

 Valentine's day can be so Frou-Frou, so I really try and get Tristan some "Manly" things.


You really can't go wrong with a nice shirt emblazoned with their favorite team.

Tristan and I don't drink much, but when we do imbibe we like the good stuff. Dry Fly is our local distillery and they are fantastic. Our go-to whiskey is the Washington Wheat, but for a special occasion like Valentine's Day, I got him the Port Finish. Mmmmm

I also ordered Paddle Your Own Canoe by Nick Offerman. We are big fans of the show Parks and Rec. and Offerman's character Ron Swanson is our favorite.
I don't know if you can get much manlier than Nick Offerman.

And finally, a Dollar Shave Club membership.
I actually signed Tristan up last Father's Day but he's still really digging it so I thought it was worth mentioning. He gets 4 new blades every month auto-shipped to our door. They send out an email before they ship to make sure you don't need anything else.
He really loves the Dr. Carver's Shave Butter, so we add that to our order about once every three months. We're currently on the $6/month plan, but if he's really nice I might be bumping him up to the $9/month "Executive" level soon. Plus their "web commercial" is worth watching just because it's hilarious. Watch it!


Calvin really liked his new puzzle a lot, and we'll be reading his new book at bedtime tonight.



Tristan surprised me with flowers, a cute card, the Bruno Mars Unorthodox Jukebox CD
AND...
Tickets to go see Bruno's concert this summer!

I'm SO EXCITED!!!

Now to find someone to watch Calvin overnight....

No comments :

Post a Comment