Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

Wow, what a week!

As per usual we spent the 4th of July in Montana at my family's lake cabin.
We took off on Tuesday which also happened to be my birthday.
Before hitting the freeway Tristan ran in to our favorite coffee place Couer Coffeehouse. I asked him to grab me something to eat because in the craziness of getting us out the door, I didn't get breakfast.
He came back with this...

Apparently it's called the "Baconator" and weighs about a pound.
It's a cross between a croissant, a cheese danish and a maple-bacon bar.
It was ridiculous and you'd better believe I ate that thing in all of 3 minutes.

The first half of the drive was lovely.
Beautiful weather and gorgeous scenery as usual.
We stopped in St. Regis for lunch and to stock up at our favorite fireworks stand.
Calvin was not as thrilled about the second half of the journey...
He kept purposefully dropping things then shrieking that he couldn't get them back.
I spent a good amount of time torqued in various awkward positions trying to appease the cranky one until I finally had to give up before I really hurt my back.

We put him down for a much needed nap as soon as we got to the cabin.

After a rest we went and played outside!
Calvin LOVED throwing rocks into the lake.
That alone kept him busy for at least an hour every day.  


 Bubbles were a big hit too.


 An outside Calvin is a happy Calvin.


Tristan even took him out on a kayak!
That evening Tristan ran into Kalispell to pick up an Ice cream cake he had ordered for my birthday.


Having a bunch of people sing "Happy Birthday" to you is just as awkward as it was 20 years ago.


I got a couple cards and a super awesome cutting board my uncle made.
(I actually traded him for on of the humping reindeer hats I knit)
Isn't if Be-u-t-full!

And I got to end my birthday with one the prettiest views around...
 

Cheers to another year!

Stay tuned for tales from the rest of our trip!

No comments :

Post a Comment