Monday, September 9, 2013

He Walks!

As my Instagram followers already know, my kiddo is walking!
If you'd like to see the video, check out my instagram account #threemoreweeks
Yes I know he's just standing. You try taking a decent action shot of a new walker.
He took his first three steps on Tuesday and has been adding to his "step-count" every day!
His current PB is 9.

This is very exciting and absolutely terrifying at the same time.
I knew it was coming. He's been cruising around the furniture and walls super fast lately. He'd also been standing on his own, mostly when he wasn't paying attention. As soon as he realized he was standing alone he would plop down.
But here we are, walking...
Damn.

Walking is awesome but it also presents a whole new set of issues.

Footwear
It's still pretty warm here, but it wont be for long. Which means I have to cover this newly walking kid's feet.
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but as soon as kids get old enough to walk, sock-makers stop putting the grippies on the bottom of their socks.
Why?!
Newborns don't need grippies, they're not going anywhere! My 11 month old that's just learning to walk does!
So after looking around online, I found this kick-ass pair of Robeez Mini Shoez which I'm told stay on really well and have a non-slip sole designed specially for new walkers. Plus, they're surprisingly cute.
 So we'll see how those work for him.

Bruises...Everywhere! 
A friend of mine just told me about Arnica Gel, which according to the Amazon description "is made from Arnica montana (for Mountain daisy) which has been used for centuries as a natural pain reliever, and today is one of the most popular homeopathic medicines in the world. Arnica is trusted... by savvy moms to treat playground bumps and bruises. And anyone who bruises easily will appreciate Arnica's ability to reduce bruise discoloration"
Sign me up! This little tube will be in my next Amazon delivery for sure!

He Steals Things
As hard as it is for parents to remember where anything is already, it just got a hundred times worse.
Calvin has already discovered that he can crawl into a room and take something from that room into another room and leave it there.
Until now our biggest problem was finding a specific shoe that he's wandered off with.
Now that he's walking he can reach more things... *sigh*
For example:
-Tristan's debit card was missing from his wallet for an entire day. It was under the computer desk.
-I found a bracelet of mine in his toy basket... in the living room.
Caught him putting daddy's glasses case into Alfie's Crate.
Is there a way to lojack everything in your house?


I leave you with a picture of Calvin looking much to big for my comfort.




No comments :

Post a Comment