Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Cleaning Routine

I'm kind of a slob.
I'm WAY better at making messes than cleaning them up and I always have been.

 I'm sooooo guilty of pulling the quick "Crap, people are coming over! Throw everything in the basement and don't take anyone down there!" pick-up.
But I didn't want Calvin to grow up afraid to bring friends to our house because he's ashamed of the mess. Besides that, I'm an effing adult and I needed to get my shit together.

So, when I found out I was pregnant I started purging our house (nesting?). Which was a great start, but once the kiddo was born my cleaning stalled.
It's taken me almost an entire year of being a mom to finally feel like I'm kind of in the groove.
Not only do I have a daily routine for the kiddo (see it here), but I've given myself a weekly cleaning routine so I can try to keep on top of the seemingly constant mess.
Emphasis on Try .

I found a bunch of cleaning schedules on Pinterest, tweeked them to fit our lives and this was the result.

Now, I am in no way perfect and sometimes life can get in the way. If I miss a task I either try and make up for it on another day, or I just know I'll catch it the next week.
Every now and then (like once every 2 or 3 months) I will have a work day and not have any clients scheduled. They always seem to come in waves. Go-figure. When that happens, I take Calvin to the babysitters because I pay for her to watch him twice a week anyway, and I come back home and catch up on chores or run errands that are harder to do with a baby in tow.

In the interest of full disclosure I will readily admit that our bedroom is ALWAYS a mess. There  seems to be nothing I can do about it. And believe me, I've tried! My husband and I just have way too many clothes and absolutely NO storage.
Seriously, our closet is super tiny and we have one little dresser that was mine when I was a kid. 
Maybe someday we'll get a grown-up bedroom set... Maybe when we get a bigger house and have a room that a grown-up bedroom set would actually fit in. Ha!

What do you do to try and keep afloat?
Questions and new ideas are always welcome!

No comments :

Post a Comment