Thursday, April 11, 2013

De-Stank Your Dipes

Understandably, after a few months of collecting poo your diapers may start to smell. It's a easy fix.

Step 1: Wash your diapers as normal on the cold setting.


Step 2: Wash again on Hot (as usual) adding 1/4C bleach to your normal detergent.


Step 3: Rinse again and dry as usual.

Boom. Done.


The nice folks at bumGenius say you can do this once a month, but I don't really think that's necessary and I worry that excessive exposure to bleach would be bad for the diapers and kiddo's skin.

Got some stains?
Dry'em in the sun and I've been told you'll come back to beautiful stain-free dipes.
  *We started cloth diapers on Calvin in November and we live in the North West and don't have a sunny window. Needless to say we haven't tried this yet because I'd come back to dipe-sicles, but as soon as I try it I will let you know.





No comments :

Post a Comment