Monday, April 8, 2013

Rain? In Seattle? In April? What!?


We headed west this weekend because Tristan's cousin was gettin' hitched. It was a Saturday morning ceremony with lots of family that we don't get to see very often. I missed almost the entire ceremony because this little guy decided to get talkative during the opening prayer so we stepped out so as not to be anymore disruptive, but I heard it was lovely.

Dressed like an 80 year old golfer
All 3 of us were sporting cardigans (ya know, like classy people) and I had hoped to get a picture but it didn't happen. Sue me.
If that's not a happy groom I don't know what is.


After the wedding we hit up the Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit to get a little art and culture in our lives. 

What? There's millions of dollars of glass suspended above my head? But my hands are so much more interesting...


When we decided we'd had enough culture (read: it started raining) we popped back to our hotel to feed the kiddo and have a rest then headed to McCormick's and Shmick's for a fancy-pants dinner. 

Why yes, I am one of those people that takes pictures of their food. Again, Sue me.

We totally took a risk bringing a 6 month old there but he was AMAZING! He sat like this in his car seat staring out the window at the boats and sea planes for an hour and a half



As we were leaving the host told us "you can bring your baby here anytime!"  
Don't think for a second he's like this all the time. We set ourselves up for the best possible outcome, he had been freshly fed, napped and changed so we greatly decreased the possibility for fussiness. We also went fairly early, around 6:00 so there weren't a ton of people there yet.


There's something about Seattle that makes you feel like you NEED a coffee in your hand at all times.
We decided hit Top Pot Doughnuts on the way out of town. An emerald city institution, it felt very Seattle-y on a rainy Sunday morning.

Yep, a dozen doughnuts just for Tristan and myself. Don't judge.
On the way home we ran into rain, snow and sunshine all in a matter of 2 hours. Mother Nature was having some major mood-swings and Calvin decided to have some too. Somehow I don't mind his screaming quite as much when I know that no one else can hear him.


No comments :

Post a Comment