Monday, June 24, 2013

We have a water baby.


   This Sunday we went over to my mom's house and set up Calvin's inflatable bumble bee pool. I bought it weeks ago but we've been so busy and the weather seriously can't make up it's mind around here, so we haven't had a chance to try it out. 
We don't have grass in our backyard, it's literally a concrete slab with some decorative gravel and shrubs, surrounded by a 6ft privacy fence. Great for having people over for a small dinner party, not great for swimming pools...
 I originally bought this pool because it has an inflatable bottom which I figured would be more forgiving on the cement and I liked that it has a sun shade. But with how wiggly he has been lately (especially in the bath tub), I thought maybe Grammy's nice plush lawn would be a better place to set up.

Calvin was hesitant at first, only wanting to touch the water with his hands.


Gradually he let Grammy put his feet in the water...


Finally he was all in! 
(He's going to HATE me some day for posting these.)


Calvin's Hat
No sunburns on this noggin!


Splash! Splash! Splash!
It took 20 minutes to actually get him in the water but once he was in he stayed there for an hour!
He was getting so sleepy toward the end it looked like he was going to fall asleep sitting in the water but he didn't want to get out.

My personal favorite part of the 2" deep baby pool.
Just in case you were thinking about diving... Don't!
"You can break your neck and be paralyzed"
 Thank You pool makers, 
Thank you.






No comments :

Post a Comment