Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week in Review: More Milestones!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

It was another week full of milestones making me realize that this kid is growing way to fast.

Not only has he figured out how to climb stairs (we let him experiment on just one, from my dad's sunken living room), but he's now able to get himself into a sitting position from crawling and laying on his stomach.

Friday he figured out his pincer grasp and started feeding himself little bits of freeze dried yogurt drops. He would get frustrated when he would miss and they would get stuck to his face rather than in his mouth.

This morning I was terrified when I walked in his room and found him standing in the corner of his crib... jeez. So down the mattress had to go. I don't know what I'm going to do, I have a hard enough time getting him into the crib with the mattress up high. I'm not a tall person so I'm already on my tip toes to lay him down as it is. I wish drop-side cribs weren't so stupid dangerous and illegal... gah.

 
This was actually after his nap. I didn't have the foresight to take a pic this morning but "lucky" for us it happened again.




Takin' it down!


That's better!

And last but not least, we finally retired the baby swing today. *sigh* It was a bitter-sweet moment. He LOVED his swing and sometimes that was the only place he would nap for more than 20 minutes. We had become pretty dependent on it to sooth him and for decent naps, but he's obviously out grown it. So, I started making him nap in his crib about 2 weeks ago. The first couple days were rough, but we've been sticking to a pretty good schedule and he generally goes down like clockwork now.

I'm to big for this thing!!!


Our living room looks strangely empty without that huge thing...
I'm sure we'll find more toys to fill the void.

No comments :

Post a Comment