Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Clean Your Nasty Microfiber: The Easy Way!

Let's get a show of hands:
How many of you have a microfiber couch/chair(s)/ottoman that you thought was going to be SOOO great when you bought it, but is now horribly stained beyond recognition?

I do.

When Tristan and I first moved in together I bought a beige microfiber ottoman to serve as our coffee table.
It saw us though meals, partiess and numerous spilled beverages.
It got so gross I bought a blanket for the sole purpose of covering it.

I tried cleaning it with soap and water and even got a can of Resolve carpet and upholstery cleaner. It left a weird residue and helped very little.
I was just about ready to throw it out.

Cut to 4 years later.

I came across this post on Pinterest from makingtheworldcuter.com and it peaked my interest.
Windex eh???
I got that!

Here's the before picture:

It was so disgusting I couldn't bear to actually take a picture of the whole thing, but I feel like you get the point.


So basically, you just spray your microfiber with Windex ( just so it's damp, not soaking) and scrub, scrub, scrub with a scrub brush.
I worked one square panel at a time.
Then I used a rag-towel to kind of wipe it off.
Then just let it dry.

And I'll be damned...
That towel was white... ewww.

It worked!
I have to admit, I was skeptical. 
But check out the after!



This was a ketchup stain that was at least 4 years old.
GONE!

One final word of advice,
I don't recommend doing this right next to a wall (or mini-blinds... *ahem*) because you will end up with tiny little dirty splatters EVERYWHERE.



We no longer use the ottoman as a coffee table, but when we have parties or gatherings it does come in handy for extra seating and now I can use it, uncovered, without shame.
YAY!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment