Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


I hope every one had a wonderful Thanksgiving that left your hearts and bellies full!
I'm just going to give you a quick run-down of our day because I am busily preparing something extra fun and exciting for you guys for tomorrow.

We spent the day at my Mom and Step-Dad's house with my brothers, Step-Grandma and
my Aunt, Uncle and cousins that drove in from Missoula.
Dinner was early, casual and totally delicious.
 Calvin liked the fruit tray and the sweet potatoes.

My pumpkin pie (which I made from an actual pumpkin!) got rave reviews.

I used this recipe for the filling, although I added extra cinnamon since I tasted a bit too "clove-y" for me, and this recipe for the crust.
I'd never made either before but it was a huge hit so I will definitely be making it again.


Calvin got a little cranky in the evening since he had no afternoon nap, so my Uncle Jeremy had some "wind-down" time with him.

Some of us had a few rousing rounds of Uno.

Auntie Beck hiding her last card.
I emerged victorious 3 out of the 4 games. 
Boom!

It was a great day and I was so glad to have spent it with family.

No comments :

Post a Comment